Saturday, December 20, 2008

Scrooge and Jacob Marley

Trevin came home from school all excited because his school class was going to do a program where they acted out Dickens "A Christmas Carol". I asked him if he had a part and he said he was going to be Jacob Marley. I assumed the teacher would be narrating and they would just walk around the stage for their parts, but I asked him if he had any lines and he said, "Mom, I have a whole scene!" It was so cute. So every evening while I was makng dinner, he and I would run lines while I cooked. It is all he talked about for two or three weeks.

They did the play in their classroom and had scenery and costumes and everything. Scrooge did very well at being grouchy (can you see the scowl on his face) and Trevin remembered all of his lines and did a great job as Marley. Don't you love his chains? The little girl in Trevin's class that was the ghost of Christmas present was hilarious. She kept waving her wand and twirling around in her dress and she even talked with a British accent. It was so funny! They all did a great job and Trevin was excited that both sets of his grandparents could be there. He made Grandpa LaMarr (the actor) very proud!

1 comment:

Todd and Haylee said...

I didn't know that he did that. That is fun! Acting is in the genes! :)