Thursday, December 25, 2008

Sick on Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve, all was going well. I had some extra time in the afternoon and since I didn't get pumpkin break made and gifted to my neighbors, I decided I should at least make some for Sean and Travis' home teaching families, so I made some pumpkin bread and while Sean and the boys were delivering, I threw together some chicken enchiladas for dinner.

After dinner we cleaned up the mess and I sent Sean downstairs to get the boys so we could open our Christmas Eve gifts and read the Christmas story from the Bible. All of the sudden I got the worst abdominal cramps I had ever had. I was in pain worse than I remember when I was in labor. I was sweating and shaking and doubled over in pain. Tyrel had been sick with the stomach flu a few days before, so I thought maybe that was it, but I seriously was in so much pain I thought an epidural would be great. I began to wonder if maybe my appendix had burst or something. It was absolutely awful!

I had Sean help me into bed and told him I didn't think I could stand it and that I needed a blessing. He was at a loss as to who to call on Christmas Eve. He tried his dad and got no answer, so he tried his brother Todd. Todd asked if we could wait until they had put their kids to bed and I said "No, keep trying the neighbors." Thankfully, Todd said he could come up. I felt really bad taking him away from the family on Christmas Eve, but I seriously thought it was something really serious.

While we were waiting I told Sean where the stocking stuffers were hidden and where the "Santa" presents were so he could get them out. We had the kids come in to our room and sit on the floor to open their Christmas Eve pajamas.

He came, they gave me a blessing, Sean walked Todd to his car and by the time he got back to me I was totally fine. I ended up getting up and finishing off the Christmas stuff like I had planned. I'm so thankful for the power of the Priesthood.

No comments: