I had my first adventure at cub scout day camp today! We had 8 of our 9 scouts attend and they were all on pretty good behavior. It was pretty early, and we had last minute rushing of getting a couple missing medical forms, but we all made it on time.
The counselors were all pretty good and were excited to be there for the most part. They made it fun and interesting for the boys and the weather couldn't have been better! We were pretty worried when we had to sign up for a July spot. We really wanted June so the weather would be cooler. Our rotations kept us in the shade all day, no sunburns, no dehydration, no puking in our cars after the winding drive, and only 1 scout got trampled slightly during one of the games. I think they all had fun and all spent pretty much every penny they brought with them at the trading post. I think that was the highlight of camp.
My wonderful neighbor mentioned her husband does work on appliances, so he came over this evening and figured out what is wrong with my dryer. Hopefully by tomorrow we will be back in business. Just in time to get everything washed before we leave to go camping on Friday to Sean's family reunion.







1 comment:
Thanks for being such a great leader for stock. I appreciate all your time!!!!
Post a Comment