Saturday, January 29, 2011

Basketball or Football

Trevin had a basketball game this morning.  The other teams assistant coach has been an assistant coach for a couple of different teams Trevin has been on and I hope Trevin never gets on his team again.  He got kicked out of a football game a few times and I'm surprised he hasn't been kicked out more.  His son and one other kid on the team (the one with the mouth guard) felt it was necessary to tackle our team throughout the game, then they would throw up their hands, and throw a fit when they got a foul called on them.  It was totally unneccessary.  We were tied at half time.  Our team was down by 5 at the end of the 3rd quarter.  We caught up and then moved ahead by 2 or 3.  With about 45 seconds left, the two bully kids from the other team tripped over each other and took each other out.  The dad/assistant coach had a come apart at the poor ref thinking our team should have been called for fouls on the two kids that couldn't get up off the floor (drama queens).  He got right up in the refs face and I thought he was going to deck the ref.  The ref told him he saw what he saw, the kids had tripped over themselves and that this wasn't the NBA playoff game.  The main coach had to pull the dad back out of the way, then magically when they didn't get their way, the 2 kids hopped up and continued to play.  I think it is awful when parents act that way and when they teach their kids to act that way also.  I was so glad we ended up winning by 2 at the end.  It wouldn't have been fair for the other bully team to win.  I'm sorry for you other people that I know who have kids on that team, nothing against you, I just don't like that dad from previous experiences on teams that Trevin has been on.  Oh and by the way, these photos are not from today's game.




No comments: