Sunday, January 9, 2011

Books I Read in 2010

I ended up reading 24 entire books in 2010.  That's two a month!  I didn't realize that I was reading that much.  Some of them went pretty fast, so I think some months I read more than two.  My least favorite of the books I read in 2010 was The Zookeeper's Wife.  I pretty much disliked the entire thing.  I kept thinking it was going to get more interesting, but it never got interesting.  There were some good parts, but on the whole I thought it was a waste of my time.  "The Help" was my favorite single book that I read this year and I loved the "Hunger Games" series.  All of my boys read that series also and they all loved it as well.  I had quite a few re-reads this year.  I read the last Harry Potter book in anticipation of the new movie coming out, but I haven't gone to see the movie yet.  I reread "A Sweetness To The Soul" and "Love to Water My Soul" again because I love both of them.  I also re-read the "These is My Words" trilogy.  I just love pioneer stories.  I also re-read "Good Night Mr. Tom" because it was my bookclub pick for this year and "The Christmas Sweater" was the December pick last year for my old book club, but I joined the book club in my own ward this year and it was the December pick for the new book club this year, so I read it again.  All of the other books were good reads and offered an assortment of subjects.  I've already read my first book for 2011 and I'm getting ready to dive into "The Undaunted" which is over 800 pages, so it might take me a while.  I'll have to read it inbetween the regular book club reads.

1 comment:

Troy and Lisa said...

you need to go see Harry Potter! I finally got out with Troy to see it yesterday and we loved it...I even cried at the end (I guess that's only the halfway point of the book).