We had planned on going to the BYU Museum of Art for the art display on Christ tonight, but when I went to order tickets, there weren't any left for tonight so I ordered them for next Monday, but in the meantime I had to come up with a plan for tonight really fast. Usually the first Monday, we set goals for the new year, and Trevin didn't do that last week when he had the lesson, so I figured I would. I searched high and low on every computer to find the list that we had typed up last year. Apparently, we need to do a better job of posting or writing down our goals. Everyone could remember one or two they had set last year, but not all of them. I knew right where mine were because I made a scrapbook layout with them, blogged them, and also had them on my computer desktop for a few months. Those being the same few months that I did pretty good with them. Once I quit putting them on my desktop, I quit following through with them.
For family night, we reviewed first of all what we had accomplished last year. Travis and Tyrel both received their Eagle's, which was one of their goals. Trevin got his All 20 Award and Arrow of Light, which were two of his goals.
My goals last year were as follows
Exercise at least 3 times per week (Tyrel will be my exercise buddy) - this one lasted about a month and a half
No 2nds on food at mealtimes, sugar and sweets only on Family Night - same with this one
Drink 32 oz of water morning, noon and night - this is one that I did really well on the first few months, then, it was hit and miss depending on how busy I was on each day, sometimes I did good, others I didn't
Teach a digi scrap class through community education program - I did this in January and another one in the Fall - YAY FOR ME!
Go on a date with each of the boys at least once a month - Tyrel was great at following through on these, there were some months I went on 2 dates with him. Travis and Trevin did well the first half of the year and then they both kind of fizzeled out the rest of the year.
Do "My Life" project through the year - this was a scrapbooking project with 52 projects. I did follow through on this one for the most part, I think I missed 2 weeks, but one of those was "What is your nighttime routine?" Most people have little kids so they scrapped themselves reading to their kids each night. My kids would laugh if I tried to read to them at night at their ages, so I didn't think that scrapping me washing my face and brushing my teeth would be too exciting for posterity, so I just never did that week. I can't remember the other week I missed, but it was something similar that I just didn't do.
Scrapbook 52 pages for the family recipe book - I had all the photos taken for this one, but only ended up with 48 pages done. I finished up the last few this week, so it is now complete!
Blog Daily - I did fairly well at this one. I know I misssed some days, but I hit most of them.
Go on a weekly date with Sean and a monthly temple date - We did our weekly dates all year and we improved greatly on our temple attendance. I think we got 8 or 9 out of 12, which is much better than our 2 or 3 from previous years.
Here are our goals for this year, so next January, we will be able to find them. LOL! Actually, we all figured out a place to post our lists so they are constant reminders hopefully.
Sean - read scriptures daily - attend temple once a month
Lori - attend temple once a month - do Indexing once a week - go on date with boys once a month - lose 15 pounds (I'm rewarding myself for this one with Photoshop CS5 once I accomplish it)
Travis - find a job - get Patriarchal blessing - take MATC classes
Tyrel - turn in school assignments on time - find a job - get driver's license
Trevin - get Faith in God award - receive Priesthood - pray nightly - turn in school assignments on time, get planner signed

7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment