Sunday, March 6, 2011

More great Sunday lessons

I've really enjoyed the lessons the past few weeks at church.  Probably because they have been focused on the life of the Savior.

Our lessons in Sunday School and in Relief Society both were kind of the same.  They were about the burdens we have.  Some burdens we can see like physical handicaps, illnesses, financial burdens.  But EVERYONE has some kind of burden, we just may not be able to see what it is.  I love the ward I am in and that everyone is so willing to help us bear our burdens and help out where needed.  I was handed a slip of paper to read in Relief Society and I didn't read through it before I was called on.  I got choked up in the middle once I realized who was being talked about in it.  This is the quote I was asked to read as we were talking about enjoying the life we have to live and the trials that we have and others have.

"One such person lived in a country occupied by the Romans.  She was from humble beginnings and probably wondered about her future.  Her espoused husband couldn't fine a decent place for her to give birth to her son, and later, because people wanted to kill her baby, the young family had to flee to another country.  It seems like such a difficult way to start out in ife, yet Mary went forward and helped raise the Savior of the world."

I also wrote down this quote that was on the board.  "Your future is not determined by the conditions around you.  It is determined by your faith, your choices, and your efforts."

So true.

No comments: