Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

The boys threatened me last night that they were going to get up at 5 am this morning and I told them no way.  Then they said 4 am and I again shut down their plan.  I told them they had to let us sleep until 7 at least.  At around 7:30 am, I heard Tyrel whistle (they know better than to come up the stairs until after we get the camera set up and we get out of bed).

We had a fun morning opening presents.  The boys got me a new can opener (not because I think I need a new one, I'm fine with the old one, but they hate it, so it is more for them I think.)  Sean got me a really pretty flower arrangement to set in some room that I haven't decided yet.  Then they all got me some new Mickey Mouse PJ's because my Minnie Mouse ones that I have had since we went to Disneyland when Tyrel was 5 finally ripped out a seam up the side so I needed new ones.

I got Sean the WOW upgrade and a GPS for his work truck from all of us because he has a hard time finding addresses sometimes and is always calling me to Google an address for him and give him directions.  We had fun trying to decide which voice we wanted on it.  The boys got him some black socks and a new tie for church.

Travis also got the WOW upgrade, his Skull Candy headphones that didn't get here yet, an oil vial for his key chain for consecrated oil (he asked for that, I'm proud of him), and a window scraper for his car. 

Tyrel got Skull Candy headphones that aren't here yet, a boogie board, and snow gear (gloves, coat, boots) for his winter campout.

Trevin got an Eagles Hoodie, some cars, and a Wii game.

All of the layouts I've been doing for the boys all year for their scrapbooks have been a secret.  I've been getting them printed through the year but not letting them see them.  I put them in their albums and wrapped them up and gave their 2010 books to them for Christmas.  I think it was their favorite present.  They all looked through each and every page and it was fun to see them reminisce and laugh about things they had done throughout the year.  I think I'm going to do that every year now.

We all got scripture markers in our stockings along with the traditional orange (chocolate oranges for our non fruit lovers), corn nuts, and some candy.

We used the GPS to find our way to Grandpa and Grandma Nielsen's for breakfast casserole.  Sean thought it was funny to not go the way it told us too so that it had to keep recalculating.  I said the lady was going to get mad at us if we didn't follow directions, I was just waiting for her to raise her voice at us.

The breakfast casserole and homemade Christmas punch and eggnog was yummy as usual and it was fun to visit with those that were there.  We came back home and chilled for the afternoon and then went back down for ham and funeral potatoes in the evening.  It was a lot of fun to spend time with family.

No comments: