Friday, December 17, 2010

Nielsen Family Christmas Party

The party was tonight at our house.  I was in charge of breadsticks along with Sharlynn.  Haylee, Lisa and Traci made soup and Carolyn and Melisa brought desserts.  Everyone brought candy for the gingerbread houses.  The food was so yummy!  I love the recipe I used for the breadsticks, so I will have to remember to keep that one handy for the future.  The corn chowder that Lisa (actually I heard it was Troy) made, was to die for.  So yummy!


Actually, I'm getting ahead of myself.  Before we ate, Sharlynn got Adam and Kristi on her phone for us to wish a Merry Christmas to.  In the middle of us singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas to them, the doorbell rang, Travis answered it, and it was Adam and Kristi and the girls!  What a totally fun surprise for them to be here for the party and staying through Christmas. 

After we ate, Santa came and he was amazing!  He was totally not rushed and took 5 minutes or so with each child, even some of the big "kids".  We all got treats from Santa and then went to make our houses.  Each family made one and my boys each made their own because they are old enough now to do it themselves and they were excited.  That has been a tradition since they were tiny and even though they are big now, they still look forward to it and still want to make them every year.  I'm going to have to see if I can find a couple more sets of the cutters I have so I can give each of them a set for when they have their own families.  Or maybe they will all just have to come to my house to make them every year.

The kids played and we got the kitchen cleaned up and then visited for a while.  It was a great time.  I wish Ken and Jen and their girls would have come.  It would have been great to have the entire family there to celebrate the birth of our Savior together.

No comments: