Monday, September 6, 2010

I Love A Parade

Well, not really, but I tolerate them.  The boys like them though and we even got Sean to come for the last two years.  I think it helps that Grandpa Nielsen is an announcer which means the following:
We don't have to save places with chairs and blankets starting 3 days before the parade
We don't even have to get there early to get a good seat
We get to sit in the shade
We get to see all the performances becase we are in the announcer booth and that is where everyone stops to perform
We get lots of candy thrown at us because EVERYONE knows grandpa LaMarr

Tyrel's friend Tyler hung out with us for the day.  We went to the parade, then Sean, Travis, Trevin and I came home to chill for a while.  Tyrel and Tyler went to the carnival and decided it was lame so they walked to Grandpa and Grandma's house and started shucking corn.  Tyler had never been to the Onion Days parade before and he has also never shucked corn before.  Wow, we are giving him all kinds of new experiences.
The BBQ was yummy and it was another fun day of visiting with family and playing with cousins.

No comments: