Friday, September 17, 2010

Tomatoes are DONE

I know, it's a miracle, but I did them.  They really didn't take as long as I thought they would.  I should have just done it earlier.  I chopped everything up and started it all simmering this morning and then after I got back from my lunch date with Sean, I got it in the bottles and in the canner.  It is so nice to have it done and it is good I made it when I did, I don't think the tomatoes would have lasted another day and definitely would not have made it through the weekend.  Now we have enough salsa to last us through the year I hope.  I think I might buy another box and bottled them plain, just diced up.  We'll see.


After dinner, we went to Corbin's birthday party.  I think most of the family made it.  They had wagon rides pulled by his Granpa Hurst's horses, calf roping and the older boys had fun on the zip line.  They are such chickens sometimes, we had a hard time convincing them to step off the edge, but they had fun doing it over and over after we convinced them the first time.

Haylee made yummy cupcakes and we had oreo ice cream with them.  She also had a cute farm cake decorated for him.  It was a great time even though our allergies got the best of us towards the end of the evening.

Trevin stayed and had a sleep over with his cousins.  Travis went to hang out with his friends, so Tyrel and I had a date and watched a movied and ate popcorn.  I think of all my kids, he would have the toughest time as an only child.  He kind of doesn't know what to do when everyone else leaves.  It's fine with me though.  I love to snuggle up in my pj's with my fleece blanket in the theater room and watch movies with him.

No comments: