Friday, November 26, 2010

Another Week

with no blogging from me.  So here I am playing catch up.  Saturday Heidi and I had a home party in Draper.  We decided it's maybe the wrong time of year.  People are so busy this time of year.  Sunday was church, Trevin had the scripture for Primary sharing time.

Monday Trevin had the Family Night lesson and then Sean took us all to the dollar store to get our own treats.

Tuesday was Pack Night and it was also the night we were supposed to get the "blizzard of the century" but we only ended up with a few inches of snow.  Travis was bummed that we didn't let him drive to school though.  We were worried that it was going to be crazy and he hasn't ever driven in the snow before.  He is not loving the bus.  Trevin has been studying Ancient Civilizations in Social Studies this year and they put on a Temples and Tombs program at the school and it was really cute!  He would have made his Grandpa Nielsen proud with his acting skills.  He got to leave school when it was over and come home with us.


Wednesday we just kind of chilled around the house doing nothing.  My mom didn't want me to bring anything for Thanksgiving except a pint of whipping cream, so my day that is usually full of pie making was totally empty.

Thursday we went to Leamington for Thanksgiving.  The food was great.  We got into a conversation about our favorite Thanksgiving food.  My Thanksgiving is not complete without celery stuffed with cheese.  Sean loves the jellied cranberries.  Heidi and Brett both love crinkled potato chips with onion dip.  My boys all love ham more than the turkey.  Dad and Andrea love pecan pie and all my boys plus Sean love pumpkin pie the best.  Me, I had to try slivers of 3 different kinds of pie because I can't decide.  The kids watched a movie and played some games and the adults watched a football game and sat around and visited.  It was a fun day with family.  Oh, I forgot to mention that Jaron's favorite thing was the olives.


Friday was my normal set up the tree day, but Sean had traded some pest control for some carpet cleaning and the carpet guy only works on Fridays and Saturdays, so we got the upstairs carpet cleaned plus the stairs.  The house was freezing because the door was open for a couple hours but it was nice to de-junk the rooms upstairs that we had to move stuff out of the way so he could clean the carpets.  I'll have to put my tree up tomorrow I guess.  The boys and I played Wii sports and watched Elf.

2 comments:

Kelly Stanworth said...

Oh, I'm jealous you got your carpet cleaned. I always think that I want to do mine, but never call.

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Thanksgiving was fun! Even though I read your blog all the time, it's always nice to visit. Your mom made a comment that we got together more when they were on their mission than we do now. We'll have to get together more often and prove her wrong :-)