Friday, November 19, 2010

First Overnight Campout

Trevin is going on his first overnight campout with the 11 year old scouts tonight.  I guess it is technically his 2nd since they camped out at Scout camp over the summer.  He was pretty excited to be going.  They are headed to Goblin Valley with the deacons and lots of leaders.  I hope he doesn't freeze, there is supposed to be a storm coming in tonight.

Sean was kind of bummed he couldn't go with Trevin on his campout, but he has been busy doing his mining certification in Salt Lake.  He was there all day yesterday, today, and will go up again tomorrow to finish up his hours.  He got the bid for pest control at the cement plant and they are requiring him to be mining certified in order to do the work on their site.  Hopefully it will open up some other contracts with other mines for him also.  Did you know that 24% of the industry in the state of Utah is mining related?  Interesting fact, I know!

1 comment:

Kelly Stanworth said...

That's great for Sean. I hope they keep him busy. I had no idea that the state was that "mining driven."