Another great day of scrapbooking and listening to conference. I loved President Monson's remarks in his closing talk about re-reading the talks when we get our May Ensigns. This is what he said, "I urge you to Study the messages, ponder their teachings and then apply them to your lives."
My favorite Sunday morning talk was by President Uchtdorf. Here are some of the things I wrote down (he is also one of my favorites always) His talk was on charity and not being judgemental.

"Picture the Savior with His hands outstretched. As we emulate His example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our hearts His heart."
"We all have sinned and come up short in the sight of God and are all in need of forgiveness."
"We cannot measure the worth of any soul. Everyone is a VIP to our Heavenly Father. Once we understand that, we can begin to understand how we should treat our fellowmen."
"I may be like an old $20 bill, even though I am crumpled and dirty, I’m still worth $20."
"He suffered for all of our sin and sickness, even those who you think might not deserve it."
"Christ did not just speak of love, He lived it every day of His life. He showed us how. Let us commit to be His hands that others through us might feel His loving embrace." This talk just gave me chills when I heard it and again as I type this up and re-read the things I wrote down.
After the first session, we went down to Grandpa and Grandma Nielsen's for the traditional Conference Casserole and had a little Easter egg hunt for all the grandkids. It was so funny to see the little girls in their Spring outfits and flipflops along with their Winter coats trying to find eggs in the snow. I'm so sad I forgot my camera. I did take pictures of my boys Easter baskets outside in the 6 inches of snow we had Easter morning. If any of my sisters in law have some good pictures of the hunt, send them my way please!
My favorite talk in the Sunday afternoon session was the one by Robert D Hales. Here are some things I wrote down from his talk. He talked about how they have re-vamped the Duty to God program and how we should be working right along with our children on their Duty to God goals and Personal Progress goals. We have always worked on Faith in God goals and Duty to God goals in Family Home Evening so that made me feel good that we have been doing that right!

"Do our children know what we know? The Stripling Warriors said they did not doubt that their mothers knew it was true."
"Do we lead by example? Do we take the time to take the earphones so you can talk with them and they can feel your love? Do you take the teaching moments with your children? When we sit down to the dinner table, is the whole family there? It’s not the food, it is the family interaction that nourishes the soul."
"Participate in Duty to God and Personal Progress with your sons and daughters. It will strengthen them and you."
I always feel so uplifted and renewed after Conference, I think it is what gets me through the next six months. This conference was no exception. I loved it!
After the 2nd session, all of Sean's family came up here for a BBQ (in the snow and wind). Some of us sat around and visited while others watched the Squeakuel (chipmunks) and the little kids played with the noodle swords that my boys made for them to have a war with. It was a fun day.

My favorite Sunday morning talk was by President Uchtdorf. Here are some of the things I wrote down (he is also one of my favorites always) His talk was on charity and not being judgemental.

"Picture the Savior with His hands outstretched. As we emulate His example our hands can become His hands, our eyes His eyes and our hearts His heart."
"We all have sinned and come up short in the sight of God and are all in need of forgiveness."
"We cannot measure the worth of any soul. Everyone is a VIP to our Heavenly Father. Once we understand that, we can begin to understand how we should treat our fellowmen."
"I may be like an old $20 bill, even though I am crumpled and dirty, I’m still worth $20."
"He suffered for all of our sin and sickness, even those who you think might not deserve it."
"Christ did not just speak of love, He lived it every day of His life. He showed us how. Let us commit to be His hands that others through us might feel His loving embrace." This talk just gave me chills when I heard it and again as I type this up and re-read the things I wrote down.
After the first session, we went down to Grandpa and Grandma Nielsen's for the traditional Conference Casserole and had a little Easter egg hunt for all the grandkids. It was so funny to see the little girls in their Spring outfits and flipflops along with their Winter coats trying to find eggs in the snow. I'm so sad I forgot my camera. I did take pictures of my boys Easter baskets outside in the 6 inches of snow we had Easter morning. If any of my sisters in law have some good pictures of the hunt, send them my way please!
My favorite talk in the Sunday afternoon session was the one by Robert D Hales. Here are some things I wrote down from his talk. He talked about how they have re-vamped the Duty to God program and how we should be working right along with our children on their Duty to God goals and Personal Progress goals. We have always worked on Faith in God goals and Duty to God goals in Family Home Evening so that made me feel good that we have been doing that right!

"Do our children know what we know? The Stripling Warriors said they did not doubt that their mothers knew it was true."
"Do we lead by example? Do we take the time to take the earphones so you can talk with them and they can feel your love? Do you take the teaching moments with your children? When we sit down to the dinner table, is the whole family there? It’s not the food, it is the family interaction that nourishes the soul."
"Participate in Duty to God and Personal Progress with your sons and daughters. It will strengthen them and you."
I always feel so uplifted and renewed after Conference, I think it is what gets me through the next six months. This conference was no exception. I loved it!
After the 2nd session, all of Sean's family came up here for a BBQ (in the snow and wind). Some of us sat around and visited while others watched the Squeakuel (chipmunks) and the little kids played with the noodle swords that my boys made for them to have a war with. It was a fun day.




No comments:
Post a Comment