Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stake Conference

We had another great Stake Conference this morning.  I even remembered to bring a pen and paper to take notes this time so I didn't have to remember it all.  I'm getting old you know.

President Montague
Quoted 3 different scriptures having to do with us being steadfast and immovable abounding in good works.  How well are we anchored in the gospel of Jesus Christ?  He talked about finding a good fishing hold and if your anchor was too light or if you didn't have an anchor, or if the rope to your anchor broke, then when the winds blow, you will drift away from the good spot.  Is our testimony anchored in sand or on a firm foundation?  He also reminded to to read, listen to, and study the conference talks that we heard a couple of weeks ago at General Conference over and over again that our testimonies will be strengthened.

Elder Reynolds
He is so awesome!  He had dinner at our house when Travis went on splits with the missionaries, so as soon as he started speaking all three of my boys sat right up and paid attention.  He talked about his conversion and we knew he was talking about himself because he had mentioned a couple of things when he was over for dinner.  He speaks with such conviction and has such a strong spirit about him, I am just amazed at him.  My favorite part of his talk was when he said, "The Lord knows every single one of His children, whether or not that child knows Him.".  He spoke to the youth saying, "If you do not serve a mission, you will regret it every single day of your life."  My boys love him!  His talk was the one they kept talking about all afternoon.

Temple President - I can't remember his name
He talked about relationships saying, "Make your spouse happy, not better.  If they are happy, they will become better."  He also talked about ways to bring the temples into our homes.  Great talk.

President Rosenbaum
"When we don't serve when we have the opportunity, it is a sin of omission."  I had never thought about it that way.  I need to take those opportunities to serve others more often.

President Trevort
"Be married in the temple.  Stand firm in that goal, it can make all the difference in this life and in the life to come."  He told a great story along with that quote.

It was a great stake conference!

Sunday evening we went down to Todd and Haylee's for cake and ice cream for Kaiden's birthday.  I can't believe he is already 7.  That means he gets baptized in another year.  He is growing up!  Happy birthday Kaiden!

No comments: