Friday, April 16, 2010

Not Happening - again (but I have a good excuse)

So, I didn't get my Spring Cleaning project done again today.  I was too busy working on that dang kit again.  Sean thought it would be cool to have little tags in it that give interesting facts about all the sites, so the people scrapping don't have to remember things, it is already done for them.  Well, since history wasn't my favorite subject, and since I've never been to any of these places, I had lots of research to do and it took me all day.

On the bright side, I did learn some interesting things,  like.............

  • The soldier guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier has to have less than a 30" waist
  • The top part of Plymouth Rock weighs several tons
  • The full bell peal of the Congress bells at the National Post Office takes 3 1/2 hours
  • The entire Mt. Rushmore project cost less than $1M, but it was never completed because of lack of funds
  • Benjamin Franklin hired the very first American Librarian
Plus lots of other interesting facts.  I'm a wealth of knowledge now, go ahead, ask me about any of the US History attractions, I can tell you at least one fact about any of them.

My parents came and got the boys today to take them down to their house for the weekend to hang out with their cousins.  They are very excited. 

Carolyn and Traci came up and we cut more vinyl tonight.  We had much better luck than last week.

I figured out what I'm doing our mother's for Mothers Day (and I'm making me one too).  It is a wood project and I showed my dad and I'm going to go down and play in the shop with him one day to get them done.  It will be fun!

No comments: