Monday, October 25, 2010

Amazing deal at the Grocery Store

Tyrel headed to the bowling alley with the bowling club after school today and then when Trevin got home I took him down, we picked up Tyrel and took them to get their hair cut.  They both needed it really bad!  Then we all headed to the grocery store and we found an amazing deal.  You could buy a Stouffers family size lasagne or enchiladas for $9.77, which by itself is an amazing deal compared to what they normally cost.  But, with it you got a free loaf of french bread, a free 2 liter Pepsi product, a free dozen cookies, and a free bag of salad!  We bought 4 of them and ended up taking the last 4 loaves of french bread.  Sorry to anyone who was behind me in line!  The poor lady in the bakery was beside herself not knowing what to do with very few cookies left and no bread.

We came home and made potato soup for dinner. I thought it was delicious, but my boys don't love it so much.  I do make them suffer through it a couple times each winter though because I think it is so good, especially since we had SNOW today.  It tasted really good with one of our loaves of fresh french bread!

Tyrel did the family night lesson tonight and we had a good discussion on serving others.  Trevin had treats and he was covered since we got 4 dozen free cookies from the store!

No comments: