Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trevin's SEP

I had a great meeting with Trevin's teacher today for his SEP.  He couldn't say enough good things about Trevin.  He said he was always on task and never caused problems with behavior or talking.  It's always good for a parent to hear that their child is behaving and respectful.  I hope he is always that way.  His grades were excellent and the teacher said the only thing he needed to work on was turning in his in class reading log.  I asked Trevin about it and he said it was lost in his desk but now he has found it.  If his desk looks anything like his room, it's no wonder.  I told him if he loses it again to ask for another one and not just not do it.  His teacher also highly commended him on his sock puppet project.  Trevin had an Italian sock puppet, so make sure you read this with an Italian accent.  No, my "a" button is not stuck.  I thought the same thing when I proofread it for him so he had to tell me his puppet was Italian and then it made perfect sense!

“Hi a my a name is a Gino. I a come a from Italy where I a had to a grow up in a my a family’s restaurant. We a were a very rich. So I had every a thing I a wanted. One fateful day a my a brother Gigi and I a were a separated. I a sort of a pushed him under a the bed and a we sent a search party for a three days. Then I knew one a thing and it a was my family will ship a me to a Rhode Island. I like a Islands till I saw a this a place.

There a was a no a lasagna (sob). I just a love a lasagna. But a no I a had to have a sardines. That is all a they a had at a the stupid island paradise (sob). Then a this a guy looks at a me and a said ”Let a me take a you home a with a me. I a got sardines with a you’re a name on it!” He a drags me off. I ate a the sardines and a let me tell you a something, they were so....HORRIBLE! They a taste a like raw sewage (sob).
So I ran a to the a airport and a flew to a Utah. It a was a great! I a found a this family and a guess what? Gigi was on one of a the kids a feet and not another sock on a the other. So I a am a living a with Gigi a forever and a the part is a that this a family ate a lasagna and pizza and a spaghetti. A thank you for listening a Good Bye. I’m coming a Gigi.”
6th grade sock puppet project

No comments: