Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Candy

I have this wonderful neighbor that makes the best Christmas candy for us every year. I think we even get an extra portion since Sean plows their driveway when it snows although he hasn't really had to do too much this year yet.

The doorbell rang, I was busy cutting stuff out with my vinyl cutter with Carolyn, Trevin answered the door and took care of whoever was there. Later that night, I noticed a bag of treats sitting on the kitchen counter. There was no tag on it so I asked Trevin who had been at the door. When he told me, all of the little ears from all over the house must have heard it because when we heard who it was from, everyone swarmed to the kitchen to get their share.

She makes these peanut butter things with chocolate dinobites in them and then they are drizzled with chocolate. They are sooooo yummy!!!!! We fight over them every year and have to divide them up to make sure no one gets more than their fair share. She also makes wonderful caramels, which we got this year too, tons of them! Those were the only two things we got from her this year, but there were tons of them. She has also made yummy toffee and other stuff in the past. Thanks neighbor!

We made waffle cookies yesterday to take over to Sean, Travis, and Tyrel's home teaching families and also to our wonderful candy making neighbor. Hopefully I can get some more treats made before Christmas for some of our other neighbors.

No comments: