Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quick Trip to Colorado

I made a quick trip to Denver for my uncle Darrell's funeral over the weekend. We left Thursday morning all packed in my car. Me, Heidi, Greg, Brett, Andrea and Jaron. Greg drove the whole way. It was fun to get to see grandpa and grandma's new place.

We got lost a couple of times driving around Denver, and there were a few times Greg had me laughing so hard I could hardly see to drive because my eyes were watering.

Even though it was under sad circumstances that we had to make the trip to Denver, it was so much fun to be able to travel together as siblings for the 8 hour trip. We had a great time reminiscing and laughing and having a good time together. It was fun to see my parents who have been gone on their mission for 11 months and to see Grandpa and Grandma Evers. I’d love to be able to take the kids out this summer if we can get the money and if they are feeling well enough to have us. We took a four generation picture while we were there which I will treasure always.
It was also fun to get to see Sara, I think it has been around 10 to 15 years since we have seen her so we took the opportunity to take a picture with the “Evers cousins” too.
My favorite part was getting to sit around and listen to Grandma talk about her younger years. We also spent quite a few hours with Aunt Micki listening to her tell stroies from their childhood and how my grandma took care of her when she was little. She also threw in a few stories about my dad when he was little including the one where he learned to pop paper bags and when he scared the stove deliverymen to death when he snuck up behind him, blew up his bag and popped it. All in all it was a great weekend.

Jaron got sick on the way home. Luckily he puked in the convenience store we stopped at instead of all over in the car. I felt bad for him though because Andrea didn't dare feed him anything after that because she was afraid he would get sick again. I think it was the big breakfast and then driving through the mountains. A combination of food, winding roads, and altitude didn't sit well with the little guy.

We got to eat at Uncle Ron's restaurant (The Egg and I) twice while we were there. Thanks grandpa and grandma for taking us out to eat and footing the bill. The food was great. We all had a hard time deciding on what to have. I guess we will have to go back again to try a few other menu items. The gingerbread hot chocolate was to die for.

No comments: