I'm so proud of Travis and Tyrel. They both are now Eagle Scouts. They keep saying it is my award, and I am grateful that they are done, but they really both did a lot of hard work to get there.
I'm grateful for outstanding leaders, Brother Austin, Brother Jones, Brother Howell, Brother Haskell, Brother Johnson (s), Brother Montague, Brother Nielsen (yes, Sean), Brother Newman, Bishop Christofferson, Brother Kolibar and I'm sure there are some I've forgotten.
I'm grateful for week long scout camp in the summer every year where they passed off multiple merit badges. I'm grateful for BYU and stake pow wow's where they passed off multiple merit badges. I'm grateful for Mr. Bartholomew and Mr. Marziale at the Jr. High who were able to pass off multiple merit badges. I'm grateful for Grandpa and Grandma Evers who held a week long mini pow wow at their house for Travis, Tyrel, and Derick to pass off multiple merit badges.

I'm grateful for wonderful sports coaches, school teachers, seminary teachers, YM and sunday school teachers who have instructed and helped mold them into the young men that they are.
I'm grateful for all the hours put in by family, friends, and volunteers.
I'm grateful for those who let us borrow pants so we didn't have to go buy them.
I'm grateful for Sister Sheets for mentoring and helping them both along with all their paperwork and Brother Sheets for keeping track of all the dates, advancements, and merit badges. I don't think I had to work on one single merit badge because of all of the above people.
I'm sure I've missed someone, so don't be offended if I didn't mention you, it's been a lot of years getting to this point and I'm getting old.
I'm grateful for outstanding leaders, Brother Austin, Brother Jones, Brother Howell, Brother Haskell, Brother Johnson (s), Brother Montague, Brother Nielsen (yes, Sean), Brother Newman, Bishop Christofferson, Brother Kolibar and I'm sure there are some I've forgotten.
I'm grateful for week long scout camp in the summer every year where they passed off multiple merit badges. I'm grateful for BYU and stake pow wow's where they passed off multiple merit badges. I'm grateful for Mr. Bartholomew and Mr. Marziale at the Jr. High who were able to pass off multiple merit badges. I'm grateful for Grandpa and Grandma Evers who held a week long mini pow wow at their house for Travis, Tyrel, and Derick to pass off multiple merit badges.

I'm grateful for wonderful sports coaches, school teachers, seminary teachers, YM and sunday school teachers who have instructed and helped mold them into the young men that they are.
I'm grateful for all the hours put in by family, friends, and volunteers.
I'm grateful for those who let us borrow pants so we didn't have to go buy them.
I'm grateful for Sister Sheets for mentoring and helping them both along with all their paperwork and Brother Sheets for keeping track of all the dates, advancements, and merit badges. I don't think I had to work on one single merit badge because of all of the above people.
I'm sure I've missed someone, so don't be offended if I didn't mention you, it's been a lot of years getting to this point and I'm getting old.





1 comment:
Woohoo! Congrats, Travis and Tyrel!
Post a Comment