Thursday, December 31, 2009

Gratitude

I just wanted to end this last entry of this year with some of the things I am most grateful for

  • Family - I love my husband and my boys so much! They are so good to me and I am thankful for the good memories we have made this past year
  • Work - The year started out really busy for me with work but the last 4 or 5 months have been really hard and Sean's new business is slow this time of year so it has been tough but I'm grateful that we have had enough work to get us through and hope it warms up fast so Sean can get busy again
  • Temples - I'm so grateful for the knowledge and blessing of being sealed to my family and being able to go to the temple. Sean and I have made a greater effort the last 4 months to attend the temple more often and it has blessed our lives
  • Missionaries - I'm so thankful that my parents have been able to serve a mission this last year. I'm grateful for the example that has set for my boys and I hope Sean and I can do that when we get older too. I know we have been blessed by their service.
  • My Ward - We have the greatest bishop ever! We love our callings and we are so grateful to live where we do and be able to have the people around us involved in our lives. A few months ago our bishop said he really wanted everyone who could to go to ward temple night. The session was so full that a few of our ward members didn't even get to make it in with us. I think there was like 70 something from our ward. It was like being in heaven sitting there with all those people that I knew.
  • Health - I know I'm getting older and feel a few more stiff joints and aches and pains every now and then, but overall we have all been really happy and healthy over the past year (other than Tyrel's dehydration scare) I see others around me with sickness, and affliction and am so grateful that we rarely even get a cold at our house.

I have many more things to be thankful for, but those are the few that came to my mind as the most important blessings we have had lately. I'm looking forward to another great year!

No comments: