Monday, December 7, 2009

Family Traditions

Today I am grateful for family traditions and the chance it gives me to reflect on my childhood and all my parents did for me. When I was in elementary school, each year we made gingerbread houses for our teacher for Christmas. I started that same tradition with my children and it has been a fun one. This year is the last year we will make a teacher house as Trevin is in his last year of elementary school. I'm sure we will keep making houses every year though because my older boys have been out for years and still continue to make them every year. They just eat them themselves now. I think it would be fun to make them and take to older couples in our ward, maybe we will start that new tradition next year.
Tyrel made a head with spikey hair and a mullet this year instead of a house. Trevin made a house for his teacher Mrs. Dewey.
Travis made a dinosaur with his house pieces.

Travis and Trevin had fun cutting out cookies with the extra dough and they used them in their creations also.

No comments: