Grateful can't begin to describe my feelings for my Savior, Jesus Christ, especially at this time of year. I am so glad to have the knowledge that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to send His Son and a Savior who loves me enough to suffer for my sins so that I may return to live with them both and with my eternal family if I put the atonement into effect with my life. I don't know where I would be without that knowledge.
Today was a pretty kick-back day. We all kinda just did our own thing. I did a little scrapbooking and a little baking and Sean and I ran to the bank and the grocery store for a few last minute things to get us through the weekend. Trevin is a bit distressed that he seems to be having to empty the dishwasher 2 or 3 times a day with all the cooking going on and everyone home for 3 meals a day. Trevin and I made homemade oreo's this year to go on the Santa cookie plate.
We usually do Mexican food for Christmas Eve dinner, but Travis requested Italian this year. Since Sean is not really an Italian food fan (he thinks it all tastes the same) he said he would agree to it only if we could have chicken parmesan. So, that is what we had and it was so yummy. We may have to make that the new Christmas Eve dinner tradition.
After dinner we went to the living room and according to tradition, we had our little Christmas program. We started with singing an opening song. Travis has learned to play Silent Night on his guitar and so that was what we sang. I am envious of one of my friends that said she loved hearing her family sing Silent Night in 4 part harmony for family night last week. We are just not that good I guess. The guitar sounded good, I think I seemed to hear 4 or 5 parts, but harmony is just not a word that exists in our house when it comes to singing. We read the story of the birth of our Savior out of the scriptures and Sean talked a little bit (I love that man). Then Sean took over the guitar and we sang all the verses of Away In A Manger. We had a family prayer and then the boys opened their Christmas pajamas. I took pictures of them all individually in front of the tree in their Christmas jammies.
Trevin put together the Santa plate including the homemade oreo's we made, string cheese, and a cup of egg nog (which I put back in the fridge and got out again later) We all headed to the theater to watch a movie together and then Trevin went to bed. Tyrel decided he wanted to be Santa's little helper this year, so he set to work doing that stuff. It was a fun night filled with tradition and just being together as a a family.
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment