Monday, March 15, 2010

Date #3 with Tyrel


Tyrel had to stay after school today to finish up some work for end of term. I picked him up and he ran a couple of errands with me and then we had our date. First stop was Fast Gas where he bought us both drinks and a snack. Then we went home and played Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Tyrel was really nice and let Trevin join us for the 2nd game after he finished his homework because he could see that Trevin really wanted to play. Then Tyrel and I made dinner together. He did the main dish (portabello pork chops) and I made the vegetable and the salad. While it was cooking, I went outside to watch him on his Rip Stick for a little while.

We had fun laughing and talking together. I'm so grateful for these times I get to spend one on one with the boys. I'm glad that this is one goal that I'm keeping up with so far. I've really loved it and hope they have enjoyed it also. I'm also grateful (I know, I've said this before) that Tyrel knows how to cook. Travis was saying at dinner last night that one of his leaders told him it was a good idea for all boys to take a cooking class in school to prepare them for their missions. Tyrel did take foods this year and they both have it on their want list for school next year, but they do cook quite a bit at home, so hopefully they are prepared for their missions in that aspect already a little bit.

1 comment:

Kelly Stanworth said...

I love getting date updates.