The Mia Maids combined with the Teachers tonight for our YM/YW activity. We went bowling at BYU since every other place has leagues on the week nights and you have to go at like 4:00 to be able to bowl anywhere else. So, we get everyone hauled to Provo, got our shoes and balls and everyone's name typed into the computer. Then, after the first 2 or 3 people bowl, the fire alarm starts going off. We just ignored it at first, because it didn't really sound like a fire alarm, we thought someone made a bunch of strikes in a row or something and it was making a big deal out of it or something.
Anyway, the lady gets on the speaker and said it was a fire drill and we all needed to exit the building. After we got outside, they said that a fire had been reported in the building. We didn't see or smell any smoke or fire engines coming to put it out, but we ended up having to stand outside for 1/2 hour. Then we came in and they said, you can bowl till 8:30, but then they close for leagues to come in. Seriously?! We bowled fast and I think we all got 8 frames in before they just turned off the lights, computers and lanes. No mercy! They wouldn't even give us a partial refund or a free game for later.
Oh well, the kids seemed to have fun! I had fun.! Bowling is kind of fun even though I pretty much am not very good at it. I'm grateful for the fun ladies I work with in young women's. I got to ride over with Kristy and chat with her. It was fun to get to know her a little better.
Oh, and happy birthday Tyrel on the real day!
7 years ago




2 comments:
That sounds like fun! Bummer though about the fire. But I am glad you had fun!
Bummer, but makes for a good story.
Post a Comment