We had a great lesson in YW today about showing our appreciation for the Priesthood. At the end, Nikki gave all the girls a Thank You card to fill out to give to their father, or brother, or grandfather, or someone who they wanted to thank for the blessings of the priesthood.
I didn't take one, but I wanted to show my thanks here.
I think I always took it for granted when I was growing up, but my dad was always there to give me blessings when I was sick, at the beginning of the school year, or just when I was going through a rough time.
I remember going away to college and feeling like something was missing in my life. It took me a month or so to figure out that it was because we didn't have the Priesthood in our home (apartment full of girls) anymore. I think that was my favorite part of coming home on the weekends was to feel that presence again.
I'm so grateful for it in my life and the blessings I have recieved through Priesthood blessings to me and my family, the ordinances I am able to participate in because of the Priesthood, and also my Patriarchal blessing that was given with Priesthood authority. I'm so grateful to have that in my home all the time.
I'm grateful my father and father in law, my husband, my brothers and brothers in law, and now my boys have that Priesthood authority and honor it.
7 years ago




2 comments:
I was thinking those same things and thinking I ought to let Jeff know instead of keeping those thoughts in my head.
As a missionary we taught hundreds of people about how Christ gave his power and authority to his apostles when he was on the earth so that when he was gone they could carry on his work. When all the apostles were killed that power was gone from the earth. When I taught people that Christ's power and authority to act in his name is back on the earth, it really resonates well with most. Why would God care about those people 1000's of years ago and not us today? That is a common question and it's nice to know that he loves us just as much and that we have that same priesthood power on the earth now. Miracles are not gone, God speaks to prophets now just as he did then. I'm so grateful to know this.
Post a Comment