Many years ago, when I was in 8th grade, I took hunter's safety with my friend Teresa. I thought the class was boring and I passed the written test, but it seems like I only got like 80 percent or something. Then we took the shooting test. I totally blew out the center of the target laying down, also got a perfect score kneeling, and only had 1 or 2 off the center of the bullseye standing up.
Trevin got a BB gun for his birthday, so after school today, since the weather was finally clear, we took the 4 wheelers and went shooting. After we had all warmed up, we decided to have a shooting contest. Tyrel and I tied the first round, so we had a shoot off, and tied again, then he beat me by 1 shot in the final round. Everyone was cheering for him because they couldn't let mom win, I was a girl and that would be humiliating to the male ego around here.
It was a fun family activity! I'm grateful for times like this when we all go do something together.
Trevin had his buddies over tonight to play night games, they had fun!All my friends are at the hotel for scrapping weekend. I miss them! But we have company tonight, Trevin's late night going on for his birthday, and more company coming for the weekend, so it is good that I am home. I also have to teach Sunday so I need to get my lesson finished up and then I have to get shopping done and treats made for Travis and Tyrel's Court of Honor on Sunday.





2 comments:
Busy, Busy! I wish I had taken Hunter's Safety when I was younger, but now I don't have it and I don't have time. Everyone in my family can hunt but me (even the girls).
Sorry that Josh didn't make it to Trevins late night. Wade didn't know it was for his birthday and they were finishing Josh's pinewood dirby car. I hope it didn't make Trevin sad.
Post a Comment