Friday, March 5, 2010

Travis' Friends


Travis has been telling me since he started high school how much I would love his friends. I kept telling him he needed to bring them around so I could meet them. Well, he finally took me up on it and invited all of them to come the same day. I picked him and 4 others (Darren, Daniel, Dakota, Michael) up from school. Then an hour or so later, in came Tyler, Robert, Brendan, and Mariner. Plus Tyrel and Travis, that makes 10 teenage boys. Devin and Dayan were going to come later too, but they didn't end up coming.

I must say they were really loud! All of them know how to play either the guitar or drums, so the instruments were pretty much going non stop all afternoon and evening. Plus some were playing games, some were playing pool, some were playing video games, and some were having noodle fights.

I made homemade pizzas. I made 6 of them. Sean said that wouldn't be enough, but I think we could have made it on 5. We had almost a whole pizza left over. Some of the boys came up to help off and on. I made the dough and rolled it out, some poked holes with a fork in the crust, some chopped up peppers, onions and mushrooms, some grated cheese, one opened up the pizza sauce, and Mariner and Travis put all 6 of the pizza's together. I must say Mariner was most helpful and polite! Love when friends are like that!

I'm grateful my boys know how to pick good friends and pick friends that are good influences on them and use that good influence to impact the lives of others. I hope they continue to pick good friends because I think it makes a big difference in how they turn out in the end.

Travis told me when they all left that they all thought I was a cool mom because I fed them all homemade pizza. I just hope he doesn't think it is a regular event. Two or three at a time is one thing, but that many at once kinda gets a little crazy and loud.

No comments: