Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doing Splits!

No, not me, I don't know that I could anymore if I tried although I was really good at it when I was on drill team. JK

Tonight the missionaries came for dinner. We had SWAT team chicken, fried rice, homemade bread and fruit salad. There are 3 missionaries together here for right now. Two are from California and one from Washington. One of them has 3 weeks left, one is brand new and the other has been out a year.

We had a nice visit and then they split up. Since Travis hasn't done his range driving yet, he doesn't have his license so his friend Devin from our ward came along to drive. They dropped Travis and Elder McAllister off in Payson as one part of the split, and then the other 3 of them went somewhere different. Travis and Elder McAllister were on foot.

Travis came home talking about how amazing the experience was. I was so glad! I knew it would go one way or the other and I'm so glad it was positive. They were gone for about 4 hours and tracted out quite a few people. He got teary eyed when he was telling me about a couple of them so I know he was feeling the Spirit.

I am so grateful for these wonderful missionaries who are great examples and who were able to help teach my son. He couldn't stop talking about how excited he was to go on his own mission. I can't believe how close it is. He is almost 17, so just a little over 2 years away. I can't be that old can I?

No comments: