Sunday, March 28, 2010

Journaling

We had a great lesson given by Sister Caplin today about keeping our family histories and writing in our journals. The girls were very excited about it and participated a lot, so I hope they will remember that enthusiasm and write in their journals. It is so important.

I wrote in mine so well through high school and college and pretty much up until the day I got engaged. Then.......not so good. I did pretty well at journaling during my pregnancies with each of the boys and also journaled in their books for them up until they were each about 1 1/2 years old. Then I was just kind of hit and miss for a really long time.

About 7 years ago, Cameo Johnson came and talked to my activity day girls about writing in a journal. She lost her mother when she was very small and never knew her so she was determined if that ever happened to her, that her kids would have journals to look back on and be able to know their mother. That got me thinking and I did a little better at it then, but still nothing regular.

So, I guess blogging is an answer to my prayers. I have done pretty well with blogging and especially since our last Stake Conference when they talked about writing about what we are grateful for. I feel it has made me a better person and a better mom. I think I have been blessed and don't feel like I lose my temper or yell as much now. For some reason, thinking about and writing about what I am grateful for has made me more patient. Not that I never get mad, but I can definitely see a difference. I've only missed a couple days since then and hope to be able to keep it up!

No comments: