Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bear Lake - Day 3

The kids treated us to breakfast this morning. Trevin cooked the sausage. Travis cooked the pancakes. Tyrel cooked the scrambled eggs. Derick set the table and "made" the juice and just helped out. Tyler and Kaitlin cleaned up when we were done.


We played more cards and went on more 4wheeler rides this morning. Then the boys helped Grandpa build the fire pit.

For lunch we had hamburgers and hot dogs and then we rode down the canyon a ways to see Rick's Spring. It is a big cave and was kinda cool. The big boys got scared of a bat and Trevin got "stung" by some stinging nettle.

We drove back up part way and took a road that went to Tony's Lake and the boys skipped rocks for a while.

When we got back to the cabin, the 3 older boys went riding the 4wheelers to a track with some jumps they found when they were out exploring and the rest of us played Double Down and watched a movie.

For dinner we had tacos and burritos and then we all sat down to watch Forever Strong. Right near the end of the movie when the big game was about to start, Trevin brushed his arm and felt something on it. It was a bug and he brushed it a couple of times and it didn't come off. I jumped up to help and when I looked at it I knew it was a tick. Dang it, I should have taken a picture but we were all too panicked. We smeared it with some peanut butter and let it set for a minute then Grandpa wiped it off, but not before Trevin almost hyperventilated.

After the movie and the tick trauma, we played another game of Encore, which the BOYS won again. They listen to music too much I think. Or, they are really good at remembering random lyrics.

No comments: