I had to get up bright and early and take my car down to get new tires on it so that I could haul children for our scout activity today. Glad that is done and I don't have to worry about taking it to Bear Lake for the family reunion in a couple weeks.
We had our first activity for my new calling - Den Leader. I'm excited to be working with Kelly in this calling.
We met at my house with our 7 scouts plus Kelly's son who is almost a scout. We had 3 missing scouts and hope they can make it next time.
We mixed up some trail mix and then headed up the canyon to the Grotto. I had the chatty bunch in my car, but that was okay. Kelly said she didn't hear a peep out of the one's in her car but they were watching a movie. We hiked up to the Grotto and the boys played in the water and ate their trail mix. All the way back down, they kept taking little excursions into little pools of water to play. We picked up garbage on the way back down too so that they could earn their Utah County Trails Patch along with the other things we passed off. I think they all had fun and sorry to the mom's if we brought them back dirty and muddy, but at least we all had a good time.
Travis and Tyrel got the new battery in the car and they went to the movie this afternoon and then to the Youth dance tonight. After the dance they headed to their friends house and played until late. I'm glad they have so many good friends close by that I don't have to worry about them getting into trouble.
When Travis got home at 9:30, he and I walked around the block a few times and had a good talk. I love visiting with him and I love that he is open and willing to talk to his old mom.
7 years ago







1 comment:
I like! Very cute layout. Had a great time "hiking" with you.
Post a Comment