Sean's 2nd mom growing up (his best friend's mom) passed away last week. We spent today at her funeral and paying respects to her and her family. Bernice was a wonderful person and we will miss her. She was always busy doing something with her hands, quilting, crocheting, tatting, canning, gardening, cooking. She did quite a bit of the quilting work on both of our wedding quilts and I'm pretty sure she helped with some baby quilts my boys have also. She crocheted the NIELSEN name for us when we got married and it is hanging with our family pictures in our living room and we have a few other things crocheted by her also.
I'm glad she took the time to take Sean in and glad that her son Kelly was such a great friend to him. I've heard he pretty much spent most waking hours at their house during his teenage years.
I have a really funny picture of Sean with her and Raymond at Todd and Haylee's wedding. I'll have to scan it and post it here when I get some time later today. We love you and will miss you Bernice.
Pictures to follow
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment