Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another Driver

For my August date with Tyrel, we headed to Nephi to get his learner's permit.  He has been studying off and on this summer and felt like he was ready.  We arrived at the place where Travis took his test only to find it empty.  I asked upstairs and they said that it had been moved to a new office.  By the time we got to the new office, it was 11:30.  They told me that they could do the paperwork and I could pay, but that he wouldn't have time to test because they were going to lunch from 12 to 1.  I'm not quite sure why all 6 of them have to go to lunch at the same time, shouldn't they be able to go on a rotating schedule????

Anyway, we went to lunch too and then sat in the car and I quizzed him.  He went in and took the test and missed 1 too many to pass.  He felt like he could pass if he took it again, so they sat him down for another try (they allow 2 in one day) and he did pass the 2nd time.  He was too nervous to drive all the way home, so I drove to Payson, where we got Tyrel's hair cut, and then he drove home from there.  He did pretty good. 

So, we now have two extra drivers in the family.

2 comments:

Kara said...

We didn't get there till after lunch, but I wondered the same thing when I saw the sign. What kind of business sends everyone to lunch at the same time? Oh wait, the government of course.

Is Tyrel taking Driver's Ed in September?

Kelly Stanworth said...

Whoa baby...look out!!! Soon you'll have to start looking for another car to park at your home. At lease you've got a while before you have to do that. Good thing your blog is named "enjoy the ride" because you'll have a few more wheels at your house in the next year.