Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Miracles do happen

So, I was working in my office this morning and the boys come in around 8:30 and ask if we can get going on the room we are cleaning today.  What??  We have been doing this like clockwork every Tuesday and Thursday all summer long and I usually have to drag them kicking and screaming to get the cleaning done.  Plus, if I forget, which I've only done once, they for sure aren't going to mention it.  So, needless to say, I was shocked that they were asking to get started.

They decided to do the "rest of the kitchen".  We had already done all the upper cabinets and blinds one day and all the lower cabinets and closets another day.  So, today we did the baseboards, the TV cabinet, all the crevices in the chairs and the refrigerator.  It was a good day to do it and good that we did it early so the garbage man could take all the rotten food and it didn't have to sit in the garbage cans all week.  My refrigerator and freeezer look like they could be in a television commercial.  All nice and clean and shiny and orderly.  It looks beautiful.  I caught myself going in to the kitchen a few times today and just opening the door and looking at how nice it looks.

After lunch we ran some errands and finished up Travis' school shopping and thenwe all went out for 60 cent cones at Artic Circle.

No comments: