
The boys started school today and I was supposed to start work. I came upon a part time processing job and told them I would start today when the boys went back to school. So, I took pictures and got everyone shipped off to school and then headed to Orem only to find out that they decided they really wanted me to work full time and wondered if there was a way to work it out. I said I would be willing to work part time in the office as we agreed up on last week and then I could work from home if they are willing to do that. They aren't so sure that will work, so he sent me home and said he would let me know if he thought that would work tomorrow. So, we shall see if they can make it work. The full time salary isn't worth the travel and being away from home when the kids get home from school, so if they can't do it the way I need to do it, I will have to look for something else part time or just keep doing what I'm doing and hope Sean gets busier.
NOTICE THE COOL PICTURE I TOOK OF THE SCHOOL!
So, on my way home, I'm headed up Elk Ridge Drive and there are 5 horses trotting down the canal road. They turned up Elk Ridge Drive and I saw Sister Montague trying to catch up to them with one bridle in her hand. The lady in front of me pulled in front of the horses when they stopped to eat grass to block them from going up any further and I pulled my car sideways so they wouldn't come back down. Sister Montague opened the gate and we shooed or herded or rounded up (inside joke) the horses and got all but one through the gate. The one on the outside started running back up the hill and all the others ran the same direction inside the fence. When they got to the end of the fence, there was no fence on that side so they all ran out again. The lady in front of me drove her car back up there and pushed them all back in and then parked her car there where they got out so they couldn't again while Sister Montague closed the gate she had opened. Some guy stopped (I'm sure it was pretty funny seeing 3 ladies trying to herd 5 horses with their cars) and asked if there was a rope. Sister Montague thanked me and I headed home. Hopefully they got them all back to where they belonged. I wish I had my camera with me.
The boys came home from school this afternoon loving their day! I love it when they love school. They are excited to not have to ride the bus this year. Travis came in and said, "Say hello to the newest Salem Hills TV broadcaster." Apparently he and two of his friends get to do the announcements every morning. He is taking TV broadcasting as one of his classes this year and he is really excited to be an "anchor man". Travis and Tyrel both love their math teacher and think their American Sign Language class is going to be fun. Travis thinks his History teacher is awesome because he has a Rush Limbaugh poster haning in the room. They were instant friends. He is also excited for his Physics class because they get to play with Hot Wheels tomorrow and the boys get to build a robot and the girls get to build a robot this year and then they get to battle each other to see who can destroy the other robot. Tyrel got Brother Campbell for Seminary and is excited. He was Travis' favorite Seminary teacher ever!
I hope they stay excited throughout the year!
Trevin says his teacher is cool and he is excited that Garrison is in his class this year again. That was pretty much all he had to say, but he usually isn't too much into explaining lots of stuff. I'm just glad the 6th grade is still in Elementary now. He just doesn't seem old enough for Jr. High so I'm glad he has one more year.







No comments:
Post a Comment