It started out good, we had scouts. We took them swimming at the Moody's pool and passed off lots of stuff and had tons of fun. I brought my 3 boys to help us herd and lifeguard all the boys and it worked out very well.
We came home and I found out that all of my underclothing was in the washer. So I had to eat lunch and sit around for an hour in my wet swimsuit until it dried.
So the really bad part comes in because I am doing this designer contest. I had requested all my teammates get me their stuff by noon today so that we had plenty of time to get the preview done, separate, zip, upload, post and link everything. I wanted to get it done tonight so I didn't have to stress about it in the morning. I had one teammate that didn't get me her stuff. I was emailing her, messaging her in the forum, and no response.
So, while waiting, I started on dinner. The boys wanted lasagne so I got it all assembled. Just as I was about to stick it in the oven, our power went off. Great!
Sean came home shortly thereafter to find us all playing cards in the kitchen because that is the room with the most light. He asked if we should order pizza and I said we should wait for a little bit to see if it came back on. It was after 5 and I knew I needed to get dinner cooking or we wouldn't have time to eat before the evening activities. I sent Travis down to tell Sean to order pizza and the power came back on.
Still nothing from my teammate. So, we cooked dinner, ate dinner, sent Trevin to Scouts and all the sudden my Photoshop program quit working and so did my printer. Not a good thing since I needed Photoshop to do the previews. Not that I had all the stuff to do the preview yet so I headed off to my ward book club. It was fun but not relaxing because I was stressed the power would go off again and that I wouldn't be able to get Photoshop working.
When I got home, it was working again and the power was still on, but still nothing from my teammate. She finally sent everything over around 9:00. So, once the previews were done, I had to zip and upload everthing to the server. Post the previews in two forums and one gallery and link everything up for people to download. Not as easy as it sounds. I didn't finish until 1:23 a.m. I hate procrastinators, that is why I wanted to have everything by noon so I would have plenty of time. I guess I'm cranky because I didn't get very much sleep.
In the meantime, for the immunity challenge, one of the other teams figured out how to be able to vote multiple times and gained about 60 points in 5 minutes before someone figured it out and shut it down. That put my team down and we had been ahead all day. Luckily, they also figured out how to take all those extra votes away and we ended up winning immunity! Yay, I get another week of stress. Really, I am excited to get to move on again.
So, I wake up this morning and come in to check the votes to see if we got immuity and I have no modem. Good thing I uploaded everything last night because my team would have hated me. We did win immunity but we would have been disqualified because I didn't get the stuff uploaded. So glad I decided to stay up.
So, I had a morning of no internet. Sean got a new modem and installed it just a bit ago so we are back in business and hopefully today will finish off being a better day






No comments:
Post a Comment