Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Getting ready to go

Today we spent the day doing laundry, packing clothes and running around like a maniac.  I felt like there was a hundred things to do.  I made zucchini bread, took my salad stuff to Heathers, got Trevin's haircut, got the oil changed and all the fluid levels checked on the car, had scouts at Kelly's, plus about 100 other things.

Scouts was fun, we got a lot of things passed off and then Kelly blew up her big inflatable water slide thing for the boys to play on.  There was a hole, so it didn't hold air as well as planned, but I think they still had fun.


Trevin went on a hike with his scout group to the Grotto this evening.

We had a mishap with Trevin getting his hair cut.  I had a coupon for 1/2 off at the beauty school.  We have had good luck there in the past, so we took him there.  I told him he wanted it spiked on top and pretty short on the sides.  She looked doubtful, so I even told her what number of the blade guards to use.  I went to the waiting area to read my book.

45 minutes later, still no Trevin.  So, I walked back there and he was buzzed!!!  I asked her what was going on and she said she had cut it up too far with the short blade in the back so she had to buzz him.  You've got to be kidding me!!!  I had to point out all the little tufts of hair she had missed too.  I'll definitely avoid her if we ever go back.

I hope the saying "The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 2 weeks" is true.  Hopefully he will look decent by the time school starts.  On the upside, he doesn't have to do anything in the mornings with his hair and we got a coupon for a free haircut.

No comments: