I've been feeling really guilty about this lately, I feel like I haven't been doing very good for like the last year! Brother Newman really made a profound statement in his Sunday School class today, which wasn't about visiting teaching but was about doing the little things we are asked.
He had a calculus professor at BYU that told them one day they would all be in careers where they would make a lot of money and since it was a hard class, they were probably praying they would pass and asking Heavenly Father if he would help them pass the class, they would pay lots of tithing and give to the needy and stuff like that. Then he said "but will you do your home teaching and visiting teaching?"
I know lives are blessed through visiting teaching. I know I've been blessed many times and I know I need to do better, so I'm resolving to do so starting this month! I'm making zucchini bread to take to my teachees tomorrow.
Oh, I forgot to mention, one of Travis' friends from school got baptized yesterday. She asked him to come and then asked him to say the opening prayer and then a couple days later asked him to be a witness along with her Bishop. He did all three and had a great experience. So glad he is worthy to do those things. Love you Trav!
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment