Thursday, August 12, 2010

We Won!!

Big shout out to everyone that voted for my team in the designer competition I'm doing.  I really disliked the immunity challenge we had to do this week, I doubt it is something I'll ever use again, just not my style and I didn't like what I came up with.  But, we must be good marketers because we won immunity which means no one on my team can get voted off this week so I'll be around for week 3.  The actual week 2 challenge was huge!  We had to make commercial use products for a huge back to school mega kit.  Each team member had to do 6 paper overlays, 12 elements, 2 word arts and then we had 2 team members that did alphabets too.  My team worked well together this week and everyone participated and got their stuff in on time.  Most of the time, these kinds of kits are done in shades of grey and then the people that use them can recolor any color they want for their kit depending on their specific color scheme.  I figured everyone would do their previews to post in just the grey, which I thought would be really boring.  So, I suggested that we pick a color scheme and color ours.  I even volunteered to color everyone's pieces if they didn't want to.  I'm so glad we did because the other teams didn't and our preview looked SOOO much better.  This is my part of the kit

and here is just the boring greyscale preview


See, color is much better dontcha think?!

I spent my evening working on a snorkeling kit.  Isn't this cute?

No comments: