Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Egg and I continued......

Imagine our delight when my grandparents wanted to treat us to The Egg and I again this morning!  The kids were so excited and full of discussion on what they would order this time.  Thanks grandma and grandpa!

After breakfast we headed to Kohl's for some more shopping.  I think we are all done now except Travis may need some shoes.  We are still debating that idea.


We took the kids to Grandpa and Grandma's for lunch and Heidi and I met up with Michelle, my childhood friend, for lunch at Chili's.  It was so fun to get to visit with her.  I think it has been 7 or 8 years since we have seen each other.

When we got back to my grandparents, the kids had gone to a matinee so Heidi and I got some stuff ready for dinner and then just visited with my grandparents.  It was fun to have some more time to hear more stories.  Grandma told us about an apartment they stayed in that had bed bugs when Ron was a baby.  Someone told her gasoline would get rid of them so she rubbed down all the wood on the beds and then stuck Ron's crib feet in dishes of gasoline.  She is apalled now that she did that.  She could have caused a huge explosion, but she did get rid of the bed bugs. 


She said that after that they moved into a little house that belonged to a man whose wife had passed away.  She said there was oil cloth on the cupboard shelves and she took it out and there were cockroaches crawling everywhere.  She was so disgusted with it!  It didn't sound like they stayed there very long.

Sara and her husband JT came over for the picnic along with Ron and Laura and aunt Terri.  Micki and Wendy dropped by to visit too.  The food was yummy and after dinner the boys really wanted to go over to Sara and JT's.  They are in a band (or two) and have their basement set up for practices.  So we went over and had a jam session.  Hope we didn't discourage them from ever wanting to see us again.  Everyone was playing different stuff and it was pretty much just chaos, but they had lots of fun.


I'm not looking forward to the ride home tomorrow but I am excited to get home and sleep in my own bed.

No comments: