We had Lisa's baby shower for McKynlee today. First, I got up and did a few of my morning chores and then made lemon bars and got ready. I then left the boys to do their regular Saturday chores and headed up with Diane and Haylee. My job was the invitations, which I did a few weeks ago. See above. I thought they turned out cute!
I was also supposed to bring some sort of treat for the dessert table. They were already having crackers and dip, fruit and dip, vegetables and dip, peanut butter bars, chicken salad cream puffs, and little mini cupcakes. So, I was trying to figure out what to make and Sean said, "Why don't you make those lemon bars you make that are really good." The recipe I have for lemon bars I got when I was in high school in my Home Ec class I think. I didn't even remember that I had ever made them for him. So, I had everything for them and thought they would be good. They were a hit. Actually everything was really really yummy. I ate way too much at the baby shower. I have lots of people that asked for the lemon bar recipe so I will have to type it up and get it posted. Did anyone happen to take a picture of them? I should probably put it in my recipe book since they were such a hit. I took pictures of the cute little mini cupcakes, but didn't get one of the lemon bars. Oh well!
The shower went great and she got lots of fun stuff. Mostly pink stuff although Aunt Janet somehow missed that the invitation was pink and brought boy stuff. We got a good laugh at that one.

When I got home after being gone from noon to 7pm, I ran to the store and got a few things and then grabbed some pizza's because I wasn't in the mood to make dinner. The boys were excited since they had missed their regular pizza night since they went to Fathers and Sons.
I went into my room to change and get ready for a speed scrap and witnessed a miracle! Or at least something very thoughtful and nice. On my bed were two batches of laundry washed, dried, folded and put on hangers. Tyrel had done it while I was gone and I didn't even ask him to. What a great kid! Thanks Tyrel!







No comments:
Post a Comment