Thursday, January 28, 2010

Date #3 coming up

I'm grateful Travis finally made a decision on what to do for our date. The month is almost over and I have been doing really good on most of my goals, and this is one that I didn't want to fail on. It's kind of hard because I am leaving the decision making and date planning up to the boys even though it is my goal. I want them to learn how to ask someone out, come up with an idea, be respectful, and not do the same thing every month.

So, he comes to me today and this is how the conversation goes..........
Travis - "Mom, I decided what we can do for our date."
Me - "What?"
Travis - "I need to go to a busy intersection with a traffic light and tally traffic violations for 1/2 hour for driver's ed, so I thought I could take some money, buy us some treats, and we could talk while we count traffic violations."
Tyrel - laughing "Good luck trying to get a 2nd date Travis."

But, I'm ok with it, I think it is creative! So, we are going after school tomorrow.

No comments: