My friend posted this on her blog and I too love this song. It always reminds me of the pioneers and I see those images of them struggling to cross the plains in my mind when I hear it, so thanks Kara for sharing.
We had Ward Conference today. President Trevort talked about the pioneers and how those that left too late had to be rescued. He talked about how we today need to be rescuers. Rescuers of the poor and needy, rescuers of those who have gone before and how we can honor their legacy and do temple work, rescuers of those in our own wards and neighborhoods who are wandering sheep that for one reason or another have not grasped the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He told us to pack up our wagons and go rescue someone else.
It kind of fit in with the lesson I gave today, which I was nervous about because the Stake was there, but I had prepared so I wasn't nervous when the time came to give it and I think it was a great message. It was about sacrifices we can make to build the kingdom of God, our Heavenly Father, here on the earth. By smiling at someone, by serving, by praying for them. I challenged my girls to think of something they could do this week and write it down. Something they could do to share their time, talents, or energies in building the kindgom of God, even if it was just praying for someone. So, if you are reading this, I challenge you to do the same. Find something you can do, sacrifice your time or energy to do something to build the kingdom of our Heavenly Father here on Earth. I'm so grateful for those that have sacrificed for me and so grateful that I was at church today to hear this wonderful message, and grateful for Kara for sharing the video above to help me remember where my blessings come from. It fit in perfectly with my mood for today.
7 years ago




1 comment:
I accept your challenge! :-) I'll leave you a comment to let you know how it goes.
It sounds like a great Sunday. I love it when I walk away feeling spiritually fed and motivated to be better.
Post a Comment