Thursday, January 21, 2010

Digi-Scrapping Class

I taught my first class tonight! I'm teaching a digital scrapbooking class at SHHS. It is a 6 week course on Thursday nights. It went pretty well. I'm sure they are all feeling overwhelmed because we spent the night looking through toolbars, menus, and palettes. There is a lot to learn and none of them had ever used Photoshop before. It will get better though. We played with lots of the tools and next week we are going to play with layers and make a quickpage. I just wanted them to be a little familiar with terminology and where things were last night.

The only bad part was the main computer that is in the front of the classroom that hooks to the projector didn't have Photoshop on it. What is up with that? I told the supervisor, so hopefully they can get it installed for me before next time. The computer at the back of the room that is hooked to the projector had it, but it was hard to have to keep running to the back to show them something. They were all sitting in the front............

I'm grateful to be able to share this talent with others. I was really excited!

1 comment:

Kelly Stanworth said...

So fun. I want to take it someday if your still teaching it and my kids grow up just a little and give me two seconds of time during the day to scrapbook. I told my mother-in-law to take your class, but she seemed a little overwhelmed by the whole thing.