Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Beginnings

I'm so grateful that I am in the YW program. We had our New Beginnings program tonight. I made the invitations above. They were pink and feminine to go along with the brand new Personal Progress books that just came out that are pink to remind them that they are feminine and daughters of God. I was also the tech person during the program playing the video clips on my laptop/projector/amp setup. We played a clip from the video that they send out for the Youth at the beginning of every new year with a message from the general YW president on it. We had our personal progress leader talk for a minute on all the new things (book, pendant, scripture markers, charms). Then we kinda followed the New Beginnings program by Jenny Phillips. We had narrators that did their parts, the Clark girls sang a song from the Jenny Phillips CD, I played the video clips, the YW president shared her testimony, the Bishop made some closing remarks, then all the girls sang Strong and Courageous by Jenny Phillips as the closing song. Sister Peterson made a beautiful cake that was yummy! We gave the girls little bags with pink bows. Inside was their new personal progress books, their scripture marker to start adding their ribbons to, and the Jenny Phillips CD that goes along with the theme for this year. It was a very spiritually uplifting evening.

No comments: