Friday, January 29, 2010

Funny Sense of Humor

I think I've titled a post this same thing before, but it seems to happen a lot around here and I am grateful for all the fun times we have.

Travis and I went on our date today. I picked him up from school as I was dropping off the Jr. High carpool boys for soccer conditioning. We went to the gas station and Travis bought me some corn nuts and him self a drink and some Mike and Ikes.

We parked by the light at the intersection and started counting. I couldn't believe how many violations we were able to see in 1/2 hour and I'm sure we missed some of them. I don't remember the exact numbers, but there were over 70 people without seatbelts on, over 50 that were not paying attention (talking on phone, texting, looking over their shoulder to yell at their kids in the back seat, etc.), a couple that we figured were speeding because they were going way faster than everyone else, 4 or 5 kids not in carseats or seatbelts (just roaming around the car), a few people that didn't come to complete stops or stopped in the middle of the crosswalk, a few illegal turns and ...................... (here is where the sense of humor comes in) 7 people picking their nose. It was kind of funny and so Travis added another row with columns at the bottom of his tally sheet with the nose picking information on it. He wanted to give his teacher a laugh. It was fun to visit with him and have a good laugh together.

No comments: