Monday, May 3, 2010

Cleaning the Church is fun to do

For Family Home Evening tonight, we went and cleaned the church.  The Martin's were also there to help us along with Sister Ross.  Wow, Sister Ross has this calling of hers down to a fine science. There was no delay, she knew what she wanted everyone to do and she put us all to work right away.  Sean had to vacuum the floor and all the benches in the chapel to start with, then he mopped the kitchen and all the bathrooms.  My first job was to polish all the wood in the chapel, then I started vacuuming classrooms until I met up with Sister Martin who had started vacuuming classrooms on the other side.  The Primary room took me forever.  I know it's a big room, but it seemed 5 times bigger while I was vacuuming.  My last job was emptying all the garbages in all the classrooms. Sister Martins other job was to clean all the chalkboard trays.  Brother Martin vacuumed the overflow area and all the halls and foyers.  Travis' first job was to sweep the entire gym while Trevin dusted all the pianos, the organ, and all the artwork in the building.  Then both of them started cleaning all the windows.  They had to clean the entrances inside and out and then all the windows in the classroom doors.  Tyrel had lots of jobs.  He started with cleaning all the chalkboards in the building.  Then he put up all the chairs that weren't up so we could vacuum.  Next he cleaned all the metal plates that are in the doorways going into the gym.  He also swept out all of the entrances and the sidewalks at each entrance.  I know there were more, but I can't remember what they were, so I'll have to ask him next time I see him and update this.  They all worked hard and we were pretty much exhausted when we were done after two full hours.  I can't believe Sister Ross (who has to be in her 70s) does this twice a week.  It is her calling to organize cleaners, but she works right along side everyone on Saturday and Monday every week.  She is awesome.  She cleaned the kitchen and all the bathrooms as well as gave all of us jobs and instructions.  We came home and had banana splits for dessert, read our scriptures, said family prayer and went to bed.

No comments: