Saturday, May 15, 2010

May Date with Tyrel - Part I and Part II

Last night, after Travis and Trevin left, Tyrel and I went to town and bought movie snacks.  We came home and watched a movie together.  I love watching movies with him cuz he will still cuddle with is mom when we watch movies together.


Then today, he wanted to go on a hike.  We wanted to go to Big Tree, but after numerous phone calls to find out where the trail started on the Loafer Canyon side, we didn't have any luck.  Plus, Brother Howell said that he saw fresh bear tracks up there last week when he was turkey hunting, so we chickened out.  We will have to go sometime though.


Instead we went to The Grotto.  There was tons of water coming out of there.  I've never been this early in the Spring before.  Usually we have gone late in the Summer when there is still a waterfall, but not a WATERFALL!  Then we drove to Maple Lake and skipped rocks (disturbed the fishermen).  Tyrel has been awesome at skipping rocks since he was a little tiny kid.  He had a couple that skipped 15ish times.  It was amazing.  He knows just the right rocks to pick.  We ate Doritos and M&Ms on the way down the canyon.  I know, not very nutritous, but we had fun!


1 comment:

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

How fun! I like hearing about your dates with your boys. I think it's an awesome idea.